Why Rent-a-Student (Students)
First, we are not for profit. Our founders believe the future is you! The Student. So, any job we are given by employers is paid at the full rate less a small admin fee. We do not charge a fee like most recruitment companies and for that reason we get quality work and higher salaries for students. Some employers actually pay more as they recognize the valuable work we are doing.
So, why use rent-a-student? You may need to work in order to meet educational and living expenses or you feel the experience could be a valuable part of your education. The skills you obtain from working complement your academic performance and communicate to future employers your ability to succeed in a professional setting. Rent-a-Student will also provide you with references should you complete a student job with us (free of charge and gladly).
Studies have shown that students who take part time jobs do just as well or better academically than non-working students and grades improve as students work more hours per week (up to 20). In addition, working students are more likely to complete a degree program than non-workers.
Benefits to working in a student job
- Acquire valuable work experience for your résumé.
- Reduce necessity for student loans.
- Opportunity for networking with professionals.
- Opportunity to sample different career choices.
- Valuable and practical career-related experiences.
- Exposure to the world of work.
- Opportunity to enhance fundamental work skills.
- Develop a sense of community and involvement with other students.
Please take some time to read about Student Job Safety!
Rent-a-Student does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age or veteran status.